Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Day Six - Kelsey's Big Christmas Adventure

So, what does one do on Christmas Day in Maui? Well, if your name is Kelsey, you go jump off a cliff!

It doesn't feel much like Christmas Day today - I've tried to listen to the Nine Lessons and Carols, and other Christmas goodies, but to no avail. I just can't get the feel of Christmas without snow. It's much too tropical here to feel like Christmas.

So, this morning we decided to go to the beach again. Beautiful Ka'anipali Beach. There is a huge protrusion of Lava rock at the north end of this beach, and there were people climbing it and jumping. It's about a 30 foot jump. Kelsey and I decided to swim down there and watch people jump. Here's a picture from afar of the rock formation, and a little more upclose one with people jumping:



















Once we got down there, Kelsey decided she had to do it. Much to my dismay, I didn't have my camera with me, but I am her witness that she indeed did do it! I had horrible images of her falling to her death as she climbed, but she eventually made it up there and took the leap. She said it was one of the best things she's done. She wanted to go again, but we needed to get back and get Kaden home for a nap! And I had a Christmas Dinner of standing rib roast, yorkshire pudding, twice baked potatoes, and flan to make for dinner with my parents! Here's some picture of that fun.






Tomorrow's adventure? The Road to Hana (with a toddler!). We must be crazy, but we'll find a way to make it fun as we always do. It's our last full day here tomorrow - then it's off to home!

No comments: